Classes & Clubs
- Hands on Serger Event - April 21 & 22
- Baby Lock Serge-A-Thon, April 29
- Youth Summer Sewing Camp, June 12-16 OR July 17-21
- Have a Party at Ready Set Sew!
- "Mom & Me" - Learn to Sew with Your Child
- Beginner Sewing
- Bench Pillow Project - May Flowers
- Bench Pillow - Slice of Summer Watermelon
- DIME PEP Club
- Dresden Neighborhood Quilted Wall Hanging
- Embroidery Club
- Finishing & Binding
- Machine Quilter’s Club
- Machine Quilting on a Domestic Machine with Martha
- Quilt as You Go with Melody Johnson
- Quilts of Valor
- Quilt of the Month "Lilly" Villa Rosa Quilt
- Serger Club
- Sew Friday
- Star Stuff BOM
Fashion with a Flair Ruffled T-Shirt
Instructor: Jennie Zedwick
Date: Two Session Class, Saturday, April 1st & Saturday, April 8th, 2017
Class Times: 12:30 pm – 2:30 pm
Price of Class: $29.99
Are you tired of that plain old t-shirt? Take it, place ruffles down the front in a special design, and have a completely new feminine look. You will use a scoop or v-neck, cap sleeve, fitted style cotton t-shirt, and add ruffles to the front with lightweight cotton fabric. Plain cotton fabric strips will be used to make ruffles that will cover the complete front of the t-shirt. The ruffles can be print fabrics or a color to match your t-shirt.
Level: This class is for the student who has had the beginner or the intermediate class.
What You Will Learn:
Using a rotary cutter to accurately cut fabric for ruffles.
Using the rolled hem feature of a serger or doing a narrow hem
Placing ruffles for artistic design
1st Class: Determining length of ruffles. Measuring out and cutting each ruffle. Finishing the edges of the ruffles
2nd Class: Layering and pinning ruffles onto the ‘t’ and stitching them on.
Supply List (Please purchase before class and bring with you to class)
After signing up for this class you will receive $10 off! Call Ready Set Sew for more information.
- Bring a serger to the 1st class if you have one.
- Olfa cutter and mat
- Good sewing shears that cut fabric
- Disappearing or water-soluble fabric marker
- spool of sewing thread, * 3 spools of serger thread to match you ruffle fabric
- clear quilting ruler (6x24”)
- 1¼ yard of lightweight cotton for ruffles
- You may bring your sewing machine to the 2nd class
- scoop or v-neck shaped and fitted ‘t’ with cap sleeves
- Pre-Work: Wash, dry, press fabric to lessen shrinkage.